Chief Della Wickfield is one of the main protagonists in the play/film Mystery at Shady Acres. She's no-nonsense and takes the stolen necklace case very seriously, acting as a foil to the bumbling Detective Philip Thorton.
Character Details Edit
- Film Credits: Mystery at Shady Acres; B.I.O. Corps (not yet released)
- Character Role: Protagonist
- Actor: Sabrina Lewis
- Character Sex: Female
Physical Description Edit
Chief Wickfield dresses in a conservative police uniform, with a white shirt, black tie, black officer's hat (absent in B.I.O. Corps), and black pants and shoes. She lets her dark brown hair hang beneath her hat, which hangs down over mostly her left shoulder (or right shoulder in B.I.O. Corps).
Chief Wickfield is fair to her officers, but is all around no-nonsense and will take any case as seriously as possible. She especially does not tolerate buffoonery, and is always at odds with Shadyville's local private detective, Philip Thorton.
Before Mustache Maniacs Film Co. Edit
Chief Wickfield was originally created for Michelle R. Davis' play Mystery at Shady Acres, or Carats and Crumpets (referring to the play's original England setting) as Chief Dover Wickfield. In the original play, this character was a British male. But with the cast on hand and the location change, this was changed into an American female with minimal changes, such as changing the name Dover to Della.
- While it is not confirmed yet, there is talk of having Sabrina Lewis reprise this role for the film B.I.O. Corps. Negotiations are currently on-going.
- Chief Wickfield is the only Shadyville police officer to not have any blue present in her uniform. The canon explanation for this is that this is correlated to her rank.
- The reason why Della was chosen as this character's new first name was because it made for an easy transition from Dover.
- In Shady Acres Super Sleuth, many of the documents found in Shady Acres' lobby and guest lounge are canonically created by this character.