Dr. Hiram Aziz is one of the secondary characters in Johnny Thunder and the Gift of the Nile. He is a famed Egyptologist who was not only able to identify the mummy of Pharaoh Hotep, but also was able to discover the previously-unknown tomb featured in The Lost Ruby: An Interactive Adventure.
Character Details Edit
- Film Credits: Johnny Thunder and the Gift of the Nile; Johnny Thunder and the Wisdom of the Ancients (cut from film); Pharaoh's Quest: The Curse of Amset-Ra; Johnny Thunder and the Wonders Beneath the Waves (not yet released)
- Character Role: Mentor; Sidekick
- Actor: Steve Hoxie
- Character Sex: Male
Physical Description Edit
Dr. Hiram Aziz dresses in a blue jacket with gray pants, which later become white. He has a simple face with a smirk and large eyebrows, and he wears a fedora atop his head that was initially brown, but is now tan.
Dr. Hiram Aziz is a famed and celebrated Egyptologist who has been able to identify several mummies of high status and has written several celebrated papers on Ancient Egypt. He is extremely rational, only believing what has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt to be true, and prefers museum work over field work, though he will go out into the field if he has to. He despises the Egyptian Black Market, seeing it only as a way to exploit tourism at the expense of history.
- This character is loosely modeled after real-life Egyptologist Zahi Hawass, who was originally going to appear in Johnny Thunder and the Gift of the Nile. He was replaced with this character mid-way through development.
- Even though Hiram Aziz's re-design was finalized in 2015, the first film that implements it is Johnny Thunder and the Wonders Beneath the Waves, since his appearance in Pharaoh's Quest: The Curse of Amset-Ra recycles a deleted scene from Johnny Thunder and the Wisdom of the Ancients.
- Even though the official canon states that he discovered the previously-unknown tomb featured in The Lost Ruby: An Interactive Adventure, he does not appear in that game.