Film Details Edit
- Running Time: n/a
- Release Date: n/a
- MPAA Rating: n/a
- Director: n/a
- Producer: n/a
- Writer: n/a
Plot Synopsis Edit
The film would have centered around the police dog of a small town, who is the only member of the local police force left after budget cuts. The dog would have taken the responsibilities of the law into its own paws. No more details exist beyond that.
Production History Edit
Conceived as a possible animated film for after Johnny Thunder and the Gift of the Nile and Forest of Fear, Officer Spot was conceptualized as a CGI animated film. However, the idea had little support internally, and was therefore dropped.
- Officer Spot (n/a)
- Andrew Bermudez - Original Idea
Officer Spot contains examples of the following tropes.
- All-CGI Cartoon: This film was going to be one before it was cancelled.
- Heroic Dog: Officer Spot was intended to be a police dog and the hero of the story.
- Stock Interstate Desert: The film was going to take place in a stereotypical 50's-style Route 66 town, in order to subvert the typical locale for western films.
- Very Loosely Based on a True Story: Believe it or not, this film's proposed plot is actually based on a September 28, 2012 CBS news article, where it was reported that the resignation of the Vaughn, New Mexico police chief left the local police dog as the only member of the town's police force. This film was basically going to be its own story with its own characters, though.
- This film was envisioned as a way to broaden Mustache Maniacs Film Co.'s reach in animation styles.