"The curator wanted to thank us for helping with the new Da Vinci Gallery."
"No! Thief #3! Oh, well. One less mouth to feed."
"If you're lying, I'll skewer you and roast your liver!"
The Freddy and Joey Movie is a never-released animated film that would have been based on Al Bermudez's Freddy and Joey stories. It was ultimately cancelled in favor of the simpler films Freddy and Joey in The Duck and the Strawberries and Freddy and Joey in Corn Farm.
No script or outline was ever written. Because of this, no plot synopsis exists for this film.
Early on in 2011, work was being done at the time to turn the Freddy and Joey stories into a series of films, as the characters, Andrew Bermudez felt, worked well with animation. As work went on, an announcement was made that the shorts would instead become a feature length film. However, as brain-storming lagged, the feature film idea was dropped and work resumed on the two initial shorts, Freddy and Joey in the Duck and The Strawberries and Freddy and Joey in Corn Farm.
- Freddy (Nathan Crookston)
- Joey (Bryce Bolick)
- Farmer John (Andrew Bermudez)
- Dover the Dog (n/a)
- Frederick the Frog (n/a)
- Andrew Bermudez - Creator
"Stop it! Stop it! You're ruining everything!"
The Freddy and Joey Movie contains examples of the following tropes.
- Big Damn Movie: This film was intended to be this in relationship to the original stories. Exactly how it was going to be bigger, though, was never determined before the film was ultimately cancelled.
- Screwball Squirrel: The character of Joey.
- This was, in fact, not the first time a Freddy and Joey movie was envisioned. An older idea dates from 2002-2004, but this one is lost.