Ulysses S. Powell is the time-traveling protagonist of the THAC 8 entry When Barrels Fly. He is inventive and instinctive, always coming up with new ways to solve problems. He arrives in the present day in the Kitchen Sink entry Late for the Soccer Match.
- Film Appearances: When Barrels Fly; The First Mustache Maniacs Film Co. Fan Choice Awards; Making Tracks (unreleased); Late for the Soccer Match, The Second Mustache Maniacs Film Co. Fan Choice Awards; A Greater Cost (Fan Film); The Third Mustache Maniacs Film Co. Fan Choice Awards; A Future in the Past (not yet released); Legends of the Universe (not yet released)
- Character Role: Protagonist
- Actor: Andrew Bermudez
- Character Sex: Male
Ulysses S. Powell, being a veteran of the American Civil War, wears a Union dark blue uniform with hat on his head. His pants are gray, and he has a simple smile and eyes on his face.
Ulysses S. Powell is an inventive and curious man. He is always looking for ways to make everything better, then he heads off and builds a wild invention that he thinks will make society better. He was a member of the Union army, but didn't see much combat during the American Civil War, considering he volunteered late into the war. According to When Barrels Fly, he is also the first man to use the elusive "time portals," which first sent him back to the Cretaceous Period, then to the present day after soccer player Peter Whitman showed up. This is how he gets a job working under scientist Dr. Cyber.
- This character is named after famous Union general Ulysses S. Grant and Medal of Honor: Allied Assault protagonist Lieutenant Powell.
- Originally created as a one-time character in the twenty four hour period that When Barrels Fly was made in, he is increasingly becoming a main-stay character for Mustache Maniacs Film Co.
- It is unknown if Ulysses S. Powell would have appeared in Making Tracks. However, because of the time period in which the film takes place, it is likely.
- According to official canon and the canonized fan film A Greater Cost, Ulysses S. Powell was a foot soldier in the Union Army.