Yeti is a monster character that appears in Johnny Thunder and the Secret of Marco Polo. He is eventually scared away by Pippin's camera flash. He originally appeared in the LEGO Orient Expedition sets, among other media.
- Film Credits: Johnny Thunder and the Secret of Marco Polo
- Character Role: Guardian
- Actor: n/a
- Character Sex: n/a
The Yeti is a very furry creature covered in a thick coat of white fur. It stands taller than any average person, having a large mouth and ears. In its big mouth, two teeth are exposed. Its eyes are small and it has a round nose.
Little is known about the Yeti, but what is known is that the beast can be aggressive when provoked. However, sudden flashes, such as a camera flash, will scare it off.
Before Mustache Maniacs Film Co.Edit
Legends of a "snow ape" have existed in the Nepal/Tibet region for centuries, but it wasn't until the 20th century that the legend of the Yeti became popular, appearing in several pieces of entertainment, including movies like The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, comics, books, music, and more. In Disneyland's Matterhorn Bobsleds and Disney's Animal Kingdom's Expedition Everest, the Yeti appears in animatronic form.
In 2003, as part of the LEGO Orient Expedition line, the Yeti was included as part of the Mt. Everest story arc. In the sets, it guards a small shrine built next to a concealed cave. In the storyline, just like in Johnny Thunder and the Secret of Marco Polo, Pippin scares it off with her camera's flash.
- In Johnny Thunder and the Secret of Marco Polo, Ngan Pa repeatedly refers to the Yeti as the "white ape," a reference to Moby Dick, where Captain Ahab calls Moby Dick the "white whale."
- The Yeti is assembled in a similar manner to Tygurah and Jun-Chi, with bricks for the legs and torso.
- In Orient Expedition comics, the Yeti is shown as having big, cartoonish eyes. This does not appear on the physical version.
- The Yeti slides back and forth when running in the film because its legs are not articulated.
- While the Yeti's main appearance is in Johnny Thunder and the Secret of Marco Polo, the Yeti also appears as a taxedermied animal at the end of New Friends ~ An Environmental Fable.